Big News! 

It’s been 2 weeks since my last injection. In that time I’ve learned a lot. 

1. It didn’t do diddly for any of my lumbar sacral pain. In fact, I’m pretty sure it gave me the biggest pain flair thus far, which is a totally shitty, but normal side effect. I’ve done more research on these type of injections I’ve had over the last year (eh hem 5 of them😳) and there are some pretty nasty possible side effects. After my last experience with the pain flair from hell, I think it’s safe to say I’m done with injections for now! Which leads me to…

2. Since the facet injections didn’t live up to, or even really compare to the SI joint injections, I feel like I have a pretty clear answer to my question of what issue to address first. I think the obvious answer is the SI joint, which validated my decision to start with minimally invasive Rialto SI fusion surgery. But then…

3. Our insurance (Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO) denied the request for surgery. I knew that this would likely happen, yet it didn’t make it sting any less. We have many chances to appeal, 2 internal and 1 external, but the process can be lengthy…like potentially 3-6 more months 😰 Then even if we do put in all the hard work of the appeals process and wait patiently, they could win their claim that this surgery is “elective” and not pay. This isn’t just my insurance either. This particular minimally invasive, life changing surgery is denied by most insurance companies. So basically I can sit back, hope, and pray that some company that gives 2 shits about how much this dysfunction is destroying my life, decides to grant me mercy. Or, we pay for it ourselves. Almost $30grand. Paid in full one week before surgery. 😳 So…

4. I booked my surgery! Upon much discussion, thoughts and prayers, my husband and I have decided to go ahead with surgery ASAP and just pray the appeals process comes through for us. We’re working hard to figure out how we’re going to make this work, but we have faith that it will. We don’t know all the details yet, but we do know a few things: 

  • Time is of the essence right now. My body is failing me more and more each day. The healthy parts of me are slowly but surely being affected by the unhealthy. The longer I wait, the harder recovery will be. 
  • Not doing something is not an option.
  • Surgery is scheduled for APRIL 20th!

As you can see, while things are finally happening, there are still several unanswered questions and loose ends. I go from extremely excited to having a panic attack within seconds. Please continue to send your thoughts and prayers in our direction as we navigate the next 40 days (EEEEEEEKKKKK!!!!!!) until 🔩screw day🔩. Because I own my own business, there’s a lot of planning that needs to be done for me to successfully take time off. My clients who might be reading this, stay tuned for my plan and availability changes over the next 5 weeks and during surgery. 

I’ll keep everyone posted as the details unravel. Until then, this is the mantra I keep repeating to myself: 


3 thoughts on “Big News! 

  1. happytraci says:

    YESSS!!! This is IT!!! Your light at the end of the tunnel! Your hope and your solution! You are going to be OK!!!! You are going to get a life back!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU AND SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s